Wartrace Creek Recreational Area
Wartrace Creek Recreation Area is located on Cordell Hull Lake on the Cumberland River System, just nine miles from Gainesboro, TN. The lake itself was named after one of America's outstanding statesmen and one of Tennessee's finest volunteers. Hull was born in a log cabin in the foothills of the Cumberland Mountains.
Families and friends enjoy coming to the lake for boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, hunting and relaxing in the outdoors.
The 12,000-acre lake stretches 72 miles upstream and has 381 miles of shoreline, offering recreational activities for just about any type of visitor.
Anglers enjoy fishing for white bass, rockfish, largemouth bass, catfish, shad and crappie. Boating, sailing, water skiing, and jet skiing are popular activities on the water.
Many miles of hiking, horseback riding, and mountain biking trails surround the lake. The 6-mile Bearwaller Gap Trail has a trailhead in nearby Defeated Creek Park. Other trails in the area include the Turkey Creek Nature Trail and Bear Wheels Trail.
- A fee of $4 per vehicle will be charged upon arrival
- For more information, please call (615) 735-1034
For More Information
3715 Gladdice Highway
Gainesboro, TN 38562
Phone: (615) 735-1034
- Salt Lick Creek Park, 2.7 miles away
- Blue Herron Lodging and Art Retreat, 3.3 miles away
- Fort Blount-Williamsburg Site, 3.3 miles away
- Bethany Cafe, 5.8 miles away
- Cordell Hull WMA, 6 miles away