Four-tenths mile west of the intersection of Bakerton Road and Trace Creek Road, Leonard Community. In the early 1900's the Tennessee State Geology Department unearthed four large skeletons and other artifacts that established that the Leonard Cave had served as a burial ground for Native Americans.
Two of the skeletons were placed in the Tennessee State Museum. The opening of the cave is larger than that of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. The cave has a very large room at the entrance that leads to another room. A stairway from this room leads to an upstairs room. At one time the cave was made into a dance and beer hall. It is now deserted.
For More Information
Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150
Phone: (931) 243-3338
- Big Ed's BBQ, 0.2 miles away
- Cyclemos Motorcycle Museum, 0.3 miles away
- Armour's Hotel, 0.3 miles away
- Hermitage Springs Bank Vault, 5.1 miles away
- Red Barn Winery and Vineyards, 5.9 miles away