Roaring River Park
The Roaring River Recreation Area has over 12,000 acres owned by the US Army Corps of Engineers and is a great place for hiking, swimming, boating, hunting, and fishing. The park is located on the Cordell Hull Lake, named after the famous Father of the United Nations that was born and raised nearby.
Wildlife is abundant around the lake. Whitetail deer, wild turkeys, quail, squirrels, rabbits, and a wide variety of waterfowl are commonly seen throughout the area. The 12,000-acre lake stretches 72 miles upstream and has 381 miles of shoreline, offering recreational activities for just about any type of visitor.
The wooded day-use area offers one large group shelter. Amenities include flush toilets, drinking water, a playground and boat ramp.
GPS: 36.37917, -85.63111
Check out the main Web site for this site using the link below.
For More Information
296 York Hwy
Gainesboro, TN 38562
- Gainsboro Mexican Grill, 1.4 miles away
- Cordell Hull WMA, 2 miles away
- Jackson County Museum, 2.3 miles away
- Therold's Little Opry, 2.3 miles away
- Sher-A-Den Bed & Breakfast, 2.4 miles away
- Big south fork - Created 10/01/2013
- Jackson County Nature Sites - Created 08/31/2012
- Nature Near Hippie Jack's - Created 08/30/2012
- Lakes in the Cumberlands - Created 08/24/2012
- Hiking 30 Miles from Cookeville - Created 08/24/2012
- Rollercoaster Yard Sale Nature Sites - Created 08/14/2012
- Jackson County Attractions - Created 07/22/2012
- Jackson County - Created 07/22/2012
- 129 - Created 07/22/2012
- Jackson County Attractions - Created 07/03/2012