Maple Grove School
Isolated from the rest of Clay County by Dale Hollow Lake, Maple Grove School is currently the smallest public school in Tennessee, with approximately 35 students and three teachers for grades K-8. The school was established in 1936 with 32 students.
In 1942, the student population of Maple Grove School tripled in size when Willow Grove, Fairview, and Pleasant Shade Schools closed with the formation of Dale Hollow Lake. This growth led to the building of the current facility in 1953-54. After peaking for several years at 80-90 students, the student population began to decline in the 1970s.
For More Information
Maple Grove Elementary School
Allons, TN 38541
Phone: (931) 823-4838
- Parkway Restaurant, 4.1 miles away
- Overton County Heritage Museum, 4.2 miles away
- Overton County Courthouse, 4.2 miles away
- Big Springs Bar and Grill, 4.4 miles away
- Standing Stone Forest and State Park, 4.5 miles away