Norris Dam State Park and Watershed
This site consists of a 4,000 acre State Park that is adjacent to the Tennessee Valley Authority landholdings known as the Norris Watershed. The site is located on the Norris Reservoir that began as TVAs first project in 1933. The park offers a fully equipped marina, a boat ramp available to the general public, and pontoon boats available for rent.
The TVA lands are home to the Lenoir Museum featuring Appalachian Folk Life, a wonderful trail system that is very popular with local hikers and mountain-bikers. The Lenoir Museum features a dazzling Spring wildflower display, and historical rockwork along Clear Creek. This site is easily accessible, picturesque, and tranquil.
Things to do at Norris Dam State Park
Hiking & Mountain Biking
Many miles of multi-use trails meander throughout the park and adjacent lands, providing spectacular views of Norris Lake and its surrounding hills and valleys. Hiking & Mountain Biking trails are open year round. Download Trail Map
This is a great place to fish for trout! Lake and river fishing available with catches of Brown and Rainbow trout, striper bass, small and largemouth bass, walleye, and crappie abundant.
The park has two camping areas with 25 sites in the east section and 50 sites in the west section of the park. Sites have tables, grills and electrical and water hookups, while some sites in the east primitive section lack these facilities.
Located on the shores of Norris Lake with 700 miles of shoreline, one of the most picturesque reservoirs in the TVA system, this park offers the ultimate in boating, skiing and fishing fun.
For More Information
125 Village Green Circle
Lake City, Tennessee 37769-5932
- Mary J & Ray's Unicorn Cafe, 2.9 miles away
- Hensley Happenings, 3.8 miles away
- Lenoir Museum Cultural Complex, 4.3 miles away
- La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 4.5 miles away
- Museum of Appalachia, 4.6 miles away
- Family Fun - Created 05/21/2014
- Great Trip for Kids - Created 04/13/2013
- trip to tennessee - Created 02/17/2013
- Days of Pioneer Trip - Created 09/05/2012
- Louis Bluie and Elk Viewing - Created 08/30/2012
- Overnight from Knoxville--Camp at BSF or stay at Rugby - Created 04/30/2012
- Relaxing Weekend in Norris - Created 04/26/2012