Pogue Creek State Natural Area
Pogue Creek State Natural Area is a 3,000-acre natural area adjacent to Pickett State Forest. The natural area is named for Pogue Creek, which, along with its tributaries, formed and runs through the magnificent gorge that makes this area so special.
The bluff line is scenic where exposed reddish orange sandstone forms bands of sheer rock cliffs. In many places very scenic rockhouses and sandstone formations occur creating astonishing, picturesque rock structures.
The rockhouses are habitat for several rare species. There are no currently established trails in this area. It is highly recommended that visitors call the Pickett State Park offices in advance of their visit and schedule a tour if they wish to visit this area.
For More Information
Williams Creek Road
Pall Mall, Tennessee 38577
Phone: (931) 879-5821
- Pointe View Lodge, 2.8 miles away
- Cherokee Ridge Camp & Cabins, 3.2 miles away
- Sgt. Alvin C. York State Park, 4.2 miles away
- Pickett State Park , 4.4 miles away
- Maple Hill RV Park and Campground, 4.9 miles away