Fehns 1891 House
Fehn’s 1891 House Restaurant is located on 449 Delaware Avenue in Dayton, Tennessee . Although situated amid a farm setting, the restaurant is located only a short distance from Highway 27 and downtown Dayton. The views of cattle grazing in the pastures behind and beside the house provide an peaceable escape from life’s busy schedule.
Don and Colleen Fehn are the proprietors of the Fehn’s 1891 House. Don is third generation restaurateur , whose grandparents owned and operated several fine restaurants in Chattanooga area for many years. Colleen grew up learning the business while helping her parents operate a restaurant in North Carolina .
Built in 1891, by Dayton Coal & Iron Co, the building once served as a Catholic school for children of the company's 2,500 workers. In 1910, the school was sold to a family, who lived there until 1976. Vacant and unused for several years, the Fehn family bought it and converted the bottom floor of the building into dining rooms and a kitchen, able to accommodate 50 to 60 dining guests at a time. The guest rooms on the second floor of the house can be rented for a night's stay.
For More Information
449 Delaware Ave.
Dayton, TN 37321
- ArtCrafters, 0.6 miles away
- Jacob Myers Deli, 0.6 miles away
- Scopes Trial Museum & Rhea County Courthouse, 0.6 miles away
- Dayton Coffee Shop, 0.7 miles away
- Laurel Snow State Natural Area, 1.7 miles away
- yard sale - Created 07/21/2012